Monday 14 November 2011

It All Starts Tomorrow!

Tomorrow is the beginning of our trip and Iain and I have been busy getting all of our last minute errands finished and packing. Being selective with all my stuff has turned out to be easier than anticipated, but there are so many details to consider for such a long trip. Luckily and surprisingly, we are organized! Organized on unconventional terms maybe...but still, I'm impressed!

Our epic flight to Santiago, Chile starts in the morn with a flight from Whitehorse to Vancouver, with another to Toronto, and finally Santiago! Thankfully we have our first stop taken care of--we are staying at the the Eco Hostel for the first 3 nights.

The plan is to buy a vehicle in the city, and then be on our way out of the city. Originally we head planned to head to the coast, but with some many attractions in every direction we will have to reassess when we arrive. Penguins to the south, vineyards and spectacular food to the east, and ocean/surf to the west...some tough choices to be made.



Tidy and Organized 
  We have gotten some great tips from friends that have done similar trips and I am excited about getting such great advice. Some tips that stand out are bringing a universal sink plug (bathroom laundry station), taking Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap, salomon trail runners and using lavender essential oil to smell great and ward off mosquitos.

I've discovered some interesting financial related advice in the process of preparing for this trip too. For example, having a TFSA is a great place to store funds that are not accessible or visible from an ATM and are accessed online. This is making me feel really good to know that all my eggs aren't in one basket so to speak. If I'm speed robbed, they wont get it all! Also, I have a travel rewards visa and when I called today to tell them I'd be away, I found out I have 'lounge access.' Not totally sure what that means, but a sweet sounding deal nonetheless. I will be exploring this bonus later on tonight.

Next stop Santiago. Must clean, compile, and finish essay for Psychology 406 immediately! 

1 comment: